Community Health Choice is a non-profit, local health plan that offers many reasons why you should join our community. We offer you unique benefits and programs, and our Member Services team will help you make the most of them. The community is always working for you and your family.
Its mission is to improve the health of underserved residents of Southeast Texas by improving access to affordable, coordinated, and quality health care. Community Health Choice has plans and benefits designed to cover health expenses, illnesses to be included in the plans, and more. There are five types of plans and benefits in this community.
Plans And Benefits
- Texas STAR (Medicaid): The Community Health Choice provides Medicaid for children and pregnant women.
- Children’s Medicaid: Children’s Medicaid covers a child until their 21st birthday. A child’s income determines whether they qualify. The income level varies by age and Medicaid program. Members must recertify every year.
- Medicaid Pregnancy: Medicaid Pregnancy covers pregnant women of all ages. Members must be at or below 185% of the Federal Poverty Level (FPL). Members must recertify annually.
2. Texas CHIP Plan: CHIP is a health insurance plan for children under 19. It’s for families who earn a lot of money to qualify for Texas Medicaid programs and can’t afford private insurance. Follow the government provider drug formula for Medicaid and CHIP.
3. Texas CHIP Perinate Unborn: Texas CHIP Perinate Unborn is free prenatal care for pregnant women and their unborn children, even if the mother is ineligible for Medicaid. Members select an HMO and an OB/GYN to perform all antenatal services. It includes coordinating referrals for any medically necessary special services.
4. Health Insurance Marketplace: You may be eligible to purchase a health plan from the Community Health Choice Marketplace outside of the Annual Open Enrollment Period (OEP) during the Special Enrollment Period (SEP ). To qualify, you must have had a qualifying life event in the past. 60 days.
5. Community Health Choice (HMO D-SNP): With the Community Health Choice (HMO D-SNP), your Medicare and Medicaid benefits combine into a straightforward health plan. You continue to receive full Medicare and original Medicaid coverage. Plus, you get these additional benefits at no extra cost:
- Dental, visual, and hearing protection
- $0 copay for prescription generics
- A quarterly subsidy for over-the-counter drugs and health products
- Cooked meals delivered to your home after hospitalization
- Transport to and from your doctor’s office and pharmacy