The purpose of a community is to improve the health and well-being of disadvantaged Texans by opening doors to quality, affordable, and coordinated health care and health-related social services. However, we recognize that health insurance does not guarantee quality care. It is a local non-profit organization dedicated to improving the health and well-being of Texans.
As a local non-profit health plan, Community Health Choice gives you many reasons to join our community. After detailed information about Community Health Choice – registration, login, recertification process, benefits, types of plans available, and customer service facilities – many CHC accounts are asked multiple questions for a deeper understanding of the site. For this reason, we will prepare a series of frequently asked questions with their answers to enhance the knowledge of Community Health Choice members.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Create A Community Health Choice Account?
You can do the following:
- Visit the Community Health Choice Website(www.communityhealthchoice.org).
- Click Register Now in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Complete the secure access request and click Submit.
- You will receive an account approval once it checks the account request
- Once your request is received, we will generate your secure access login name and personal identification number (PIN) within three business days.
When Should I File My Complaint To Ensure I Can Continue With My Currently Authorized Services?
For the currently authorized services to continue, you must file the claim by the latest of the following dates:
- Ten calendar days from the date we send you our notification of the action
- The date on which the proposed activity will take effect.
What If I Have Health Insurance Other Than Medicaid?
It will help if you inform the Medicaid team of any private health insurance you have. You must call the third-party Medicaid provider
Resource hotline and update your Medicaid record if:
- Your private health insurance is canceled.
- You will benefit from new insurance coverage.
- You have general liability insurance questions.
- You can call the toll-free helpline at 1.800.846.7307.
If you have other insurance, you can still get Medicaid. When You Tell Medicaid Employees About Your Others Insurance helps ensure that Medicaid only pays what your other health insurance doesn’t cover.